[Shotimes] A/C

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 01:06:30 -0400

There are things on a car that I will fix/maintain/replace, and other things
that I pay people with the right tools to do.

Messing with the a/c system is one thing that IMHO is better left to
professionals.

Plus, you can't buy R12 unless you are certified to work with it, it's not
available at parts stores. And it's pricey when you do find a stash
somewhere.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Kerry Kinion
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 12:34 AM
To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] A/C

Thanks! - I'm glad I didn't just dive in and try the high pressure side.
Sounds like I would have blown myself up!!

I traced the line to the firewall on the passengers side and will go
from there.  I'll study the helms a little too before I do anything.

I checked again tonight and got the same 50 degree reading.  Should read
30-something, right??  Outside temp was about 76-78.  I let it run for a
while with A/C on full.  When I was done I backed the car up a little
bit and it looked like I had a condensation drip in the driveway.  It
was about a 5" round puddle under the tank (compressor??) in the front
by the coolant overflow bottle.  This tank was also covered with
condensation.

When you buy a can of R-12 - Does it come with the proper fitting to
fill?

I'm still trying to keep this simple.  The car is running so good right
now, I'm just trying to fix a few small things before I dive into
brakes, suspension, etc.

Kerry
'93 MTX, fresh 60k+, new rod bearings, bone stock.   Feeling pretty
pumped because after the rod bearing job and replacing the oil pan - I'm
not leaking a drop of anything.  I think this says my main rear bearing
is OK.

Anyway............thanks again to all!!