[Shotimes] 93 sho limited edition

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 09:05:31 -0500

There is a page on the club web site that details the SHO
Plus more than anywhere else.  Production numbers, projected
color distribution (an educated guess) and more.

http://www.shoclub.com      go to the SHO History section.

The Plus is worth a little more to some SHO people (like me)
than a regular '91, and Ron is right, a four door sedan with
  FWD won't ever be a true high dollar collectible, but
people still buy and sell Edsel's when the Ford and Mercury
versions were much better, and there will be people that buy
and sell SHO's long after I and a lot of others are gone
from the earth.

The main thing is that cars make a VERY bad "investment".
So if by "collectible" you mean investment, then no, the SHO
and 95+% of all cars made world-wide are not collectible.

If by "collectible" you mean there is a market for the cars
and people still like to own them, drive them and look at
them, then yes, the SHO is a sure fire collectible long into
the future.  Go to any car show or cruise-in and look at the
variety of old and average cars that people love to look at.
  Anything nice, interesting and well maintained is a
collectible.  Some people collect salt and pepper shakers.
I could care less about them, but they are collectible.

One thing the world of collectible "stuff" has taught me is
that you can't guess what someone will pay big bucks for in
the future.  Comic books?  lunch boxes?  2 door sedan ex
race cars?  The SHO?  maybe, but don't bet the farm on it.

Keep and maintain your SHO because you like driving it, not
because you want to make money off it, because you are very
likely to lose that bet.

Don Mallinson