[Shotimes] RE: RIP 96 ES Maybe

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 23:16:30 -0400

Sorry to hear that, just be glad that you did not have the Mocha out for a
Spin

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Mallinson [mailto:dmall@mwonline.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 6:16 PM
To: SHOtimes Mailing List; V8 SHO Mailing List
Subject: RIP 96 ES Maybe

We just had one hell of a storm blow up and through my town
a couple of hours ago.  (North Central Illinois)

I heard and saw it to the North, all storms around here go
pretty much North-East so I thought I was OK to take orders
to the post office, and then go get a late lunch about 2:45pm.

Well, can't say that about storms anymore, usually I would
be skirting the south edge of the storm and be OK, but as
soon as  I turned under the storm on a four-lane controlled
access road, the storm seemed to turn and I was in the thick
of it.

Long story short, I could not get turned around, hail the
size of golf balls fell and I could not get to shelter for
about a mile.

By then the right side of my car looked like it was the
target on a golf driving range for a week.

Top and other side seem OK.

State Farm is calling in a special team, and with low
values, I am expecting the car to be totalled, but I don't
know that for sure.  No glass broken, but I sure expected it
any second while in the storm.

Tornado was reported right where I was, but I never saw it
or heard it.  I don't think it touched down.

Anyone wanting a deal on a hail damaged car, get thee to
Tazewell County now!  WE have a Suzuki dealer in town, I bet
all his new cars are dimpled too, and right next door to
that is a huge Chevy/Olds dealer.  Also a couple of good
used car lots, plus all the other cars sitting outside.

My agent says it will be REAL busy the next few days.  I was
one of the first to call.

So, if they total my 96, who has a nice Rose Mist with tan
interior or Black with Tan and CD player?  Also could
consider Charcoal Grey.

I may buy back the car if they total it and just put the
extra toward a new GTO?  STill have two SHO's to play with.

Don Mallinson