[Shotimes] A/C

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 17:46:29 -0700

On Wed, 28 May 2003 12:26:57 -0400, Ron Porter wrote:

>If you need a/c work beyond just a recharge, plan
>on spending at least a $1,000! To get my '89 back in shape with COLD a/c, it
>cost $1,800 for everything back about 5 years ago. To be fair, though, the
>last time I had spent any money on the a/c in that car was 6 years before
>that, when they replaced the seals in '92.

I concur 100%.  Other than the compressor change it got while under warranty, the
Lowrider needed NO a/c work for 10 years.  Then, it was just worn out, though it
would cool to some extent, and there was a $50 difference between fixing the R12
system (cheaper) and installing R134.  I paid about $950, and did not need to remove
the dash.

Now it needs a new pressure switch.....there was a time recently when that was the
most important thing it needed......THAT was a while ago!!

George