[Shotimes] RE: RIP 96 ES Maybe

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 06:55:58 -0400

He did NOT get screwed.  Maybe you feel that way because it's not your
car, and that's fine.  He absolutely loves this car.  Knows everything
about.  He and I have done all the maintenance (except for his cam weld)
to it ourselves.

I drove the car plenty of times before the accident.  I've driven it a
few times since the accident.  Neither of us can detect any problems.
The car handles as well as any other Gen3 I've driven, although I'm sure
that's partly attributed to the 26mm RSB, the nice new tires, etc.

If his other option was to get the $6k from the insurance company and
walk away from his beloved SHO, what would he have done next?  Buy a $6k
used SHO?  Sure, he would've been able to get a newer one (maybe a '97
or '98) and maybe have less miles (although his 85k aren't a lot by any
means), but he would know NOTHING about the car!  Plus, he would've
needed to get another cam weld, would have to replace hundreds of
dollars worth of Carbotech pads and other mods.

I for one feel he made the right decision.  Hell, I still plan on buying
this car from him when he inherits his mom's '99.

Later,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 167k miles
Cincinnati, Ohio