[Shotimes] A/C

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 07:01:51 -0400

Your "mechanic" is nuts!  You think if it's 110 degrees out, say in
Arizona somewhere, that your air conditioning will only blow 90 degree
air at you?  Come on!!!

There's a set air temperature that a functional, fully charged R-12
system will blow.  I believe it's around 40 degrees, but don't quote me
on that.

Also, rumor has it you can get your R-12 license by taking an open-book
test.  Cost $20.  Then you can buy cans of R-12 from a couple of dealers
on eBay for a LOT less than your "mechanic" charges you!

Later.

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 167k miles
Cincinnati, Ohio

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of mash4
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 12:19 AM
To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] A/C

I just had the A/C recharged on my wife's van a week ago. The price of
R12 is $50.00 a lb. As someone else recently stated I don't believe you
can buy it anymore. It's not sold to the general public. The mech. also
said the A/C will only blow 20' colder then what the outside temp is
anyway so I would say yours is fine. If your compressor isn't cycling on
and off every few seconds then you probably have enough freon in your
system.

Mark M.