[Shotimes] power to JBL

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 10:38:00 -0500

I have a question about power wiring in the JBL amp system.  I am trying to
retrofit JBL into a 92 that came with Premium Sound.  It's mostly a
plug-compatible swap.

Except for the power wiring.  I've got three connectors and I'm confused
about how they're supposed to tie together.  I am looking at the EVTM.

-- Coming from the car's harness, there is a two-wire connector (spade-type
connectors, female).  The wires are yellow and black-with-green-stripe.

-- Coming from thesubwoofer amp, there's a similar connector (spade-type,
male) with a red and a yellow wire.

-- Coming from the Radio Choke, there are a red and a
yellow-with-black-stripe wires.  The red wire goes to a connector (two
spade-type, female).  On the other pin of that connector there is a black
wire.  It goes over to a second connector (four-pin, only two used, round
pins, female); the yellow/black wire coming from the Choke plugs into the
other pin.

One thing that's confusing:  The EVTM shows red wires being grounds, but the
car seems to have the more customary black or black/green ground wires.

I'm just baffled.  How is all of this supposed to connect?  Can anyone help?

Joseph