[Shotimes] 11.87 second SHO...

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 11:59:47 -0400

A few of us were having this discussion a couple of years ago WRT the SHO
V8. Since it has the IMRC plate, it appears that a manifold could be built
on top of that for the blower and an IC, while still retaining the secondary
butterfly function. Urns out it would take way too much of a hood bump on a
Gen 3 to do it. Also discussed with Vadim when I was out there, and they
found the same thing.

Eliminating the snakes on a V6 and building a manifold sounds doable,
though. The Whipple is a nice setup.....I was looking at one for my buddys
Chevy conversion van that is a bit down on power for his tastes.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Mark Nunnally
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 10:01 AM
To: shotimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 11.87 second SHO...

> My personal choice has been to adapt a roots-type blower to the SHO.

Yes, I've got some sketched on a napkin plans for a 1.6L whipple charger.
but honestly, to do it right, you need some good forged 8.75:1 or so pistons
with a good I/C.  Add up a rebuilt 3.2L with some good pistons, and the
other parts pile prices, and it's gets big pretty quick.

but I bet you could make a killer motor.  Look at the '03 Cobra, shows you
what a PD blower on an efficient 4 valve can do.

mark