[Shotimes] Buying/shipping a car questions

RPIERCE66@aol.com RPIERCE66@aol.com
Thu, 29 May 2003 23:16:46 EDT

Well, The replacement for the SHO has been found
I picked up a 97 4 dr M3 5 spd with 37k. , one of only a few worthy SHO
replacements out there. I know its a little smaller, but I only need the back seat
in a pinch for the kids

I'm in NJ and the car is in Chicago
It is a private seller.

Since time is tight lately, I'm looking into having it shipped.
What is the best procedure for payment etc.
I have already sent a down payment check. i now have 2 other checks, both
about the same amount
One, a cashiers check from my bank,
and the balance a PeopeFirst.com check for a loan

How would you guys handle the money issue. I am not a paranoid person, and
the seller sounds trustworthy, but , you never know...

Any ideas?

Also, do they ship the car with the title?
or do i get the title mailed to me, and present it when i pick the car up at
the shipper?

I know this list has expeierence in this , so for maybe one last time, I rely
on your expertice

THe SHO (95 MTX< Lots of mods, 75k) isnt sold yet, but i am showing to 2
people tomorrow:

one is a NJ kid who had an 89,
and the other is a guy with a 95 ATX that i parked next to in the parking
deck for Jury duty.
I saw a Fast Fords mag on his seat and figured he was a gearhead. I left a
note an he called me, he is looking at it for a friend, but we talked and found
that besides SHO's in common, we also each have 5.0 mustang convertibles

Anyway,

any help on the shipping would be appreciated

THanks, and just want to say that the thing I'll miss most about owning a SHO
is this list

Thanks
Rich Pierce