[Shotimes] subwoofer replacement

Jim and Debbie Leyden jndleyden@mindspring.com
Sat, 31 May 2003 16:18:18 -0400

My son in law owns a stereo shop in Ohio.  He says (can't back it myself
because I haven't heard one personally) that the JL Audio speakers required
more to drive them than the JBL amp will put out.  Also, 6WO is only part of
the number.  you have to specify the Ohms since JL makes them in 4,6,8,and
12 Ohms (I think it was a 6WO-6) or something like that)

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Kevin & Cheryl Airth
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 11:56 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] subwoofer replacement

Joe:
 I found a perfect drop in high quality replacement. JL Audio makes 6.5"
subwoofer. 6W0. They are a little hard to find. I got two on E-bay for
$70/pair. Used one in a stock application and sounded great. I used the
other speaker in my aftermarket setup. I added the factory box and did not
like the factory driver. Comparing the stock JBL to the JL unit shows the
quality difference!
.
.

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&SO=2&&DID=7&CATID=49&Ob