[Shotimes] Power adder discussion

Ron Childs rbchilds@pacbell.net
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 07:30:35 -0700 (PDT)

1. Dunno much about diesels, but I would think that maybe superchargers add too much to the already high compression.

2. Supercharged imports and small car: Jaguar X J/K R, Mini Cooper S

3. Superchargers do not require re-plumbing of the exhaust system in (often) limited space.

-Ron

Jonathan Zane KC2ENA <jonzane@kc2ena.com> wrote:
During a conversation I had on the way into work this morning a friend of
mine asked some interesting questions.

Why do diesels only seem to have Turbo power adders?

Why do imports and small cars seem to only come with turbo chargers and not
super chargers?

Why do most people add a supercharger and not a turbo to N/A car?

Jonathan Zane
1988 Mustang LX
1995 Taurus SHO
1993 Taurus SHO
1979 F-150 4x4
1989 Ford Festiva
2001 Raptor
www.njfourwheelers.com/jon.html

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of kc2ena.gif]