[Shotimes] Rear Camber Plates

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:09:18 -0500

Kevin:
 Rear Camber plates are available for the Taurus from Specialty Products.
http://www.specprod.com/PROD_DIR/PROD_PASSCAR.html

 Specialty has the largest selection of Taurus alignment products that I
have found. Good tech tips for each car too.

 If you have gone to that level of suspension work, I have another
suggestion. The above product along with the offset bushings are pretty much
a Mickey Mouse solution. Why not get the GM adjustable controls arms? Then
you can adjust rear toe AND camber. Remember they are somewhat
interdependent.

 One other thing. Where do you live? Some body in your area might have found
a shop they like. I found a great shop in New Orleans after getting this
suggestion from the list. Even if you don't autocross or belong to the SCCA,
these are all car guys. Go here:
http://www.scca.org/getstarted/divisions.html

 Find your region and take a look at the sponsors or ads. Almost every SCCA
section will have a suspension shop listed somewhere. If they don't, give
one of the regional officers a call or e-mail and find out where he gets his
car done. The guy I use is one of the local SCCA instructors. I pay $125 for
a real 4-wheel alignment. He also lets me hang around and ask questions as
he does the adjustments. I can then pick his brain for more info! He is hard
headed but can drive like a SOB!!

 Once you really get the SHO set up properly you will be amazed! I think all
cars have a lot more in them, it's just takes a lot of details and being
picky to get your car to that point!
.
.

 he already has the rear bushings and