[Shotimes] RE: (OT) Cheap Torque Wrenches

Tom Leeth tomleeth@charter.net
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 21:02:26 -0500

Harbor Freight honors the warranty.  When the chrome plating peeled off my
3/8" drive Harbor Freight wrench, I took it and the sales receipt back to the
store I bought it from and got a new wrench off the display rack.  The process
took about 60 seconds.  I agree that the Chinese made torque wrenches are
accurate to within the advertised +/- 4%, at least if you don't get too near
the bottom end of the range.  I also agree with Ron that Harbor Freight will
likely be around longer than Sears, not that it makes me all that happy.  I
have some broken "PowerCraft" tools with a lifetime warranty but Montgomery
Ward is no more!!

Tom Leeth
'93 Silver ATX