[Shotimes] a slight problem...

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 08:04:09 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Without more information, I'll take a shot.  I had the "hood not closing
properly" problem you mentioned.

Some car batteries come with a plastic tray they sit in to allow you to
carry it with a hanger strap.  The last three batteries for me SHOs had
this.  The space the battery fits in is just big enough for the battery
itself, and not the tray.  Make sure that tray is removed and that the
battery sits correctly in the factory tray.  Check to make sure the
battery terminals aren't near the hood. One of my SHOs had 3 50 amp buses
blow because the previous owner didn't properly install the battery.
Fortunately the damage wasn't worse.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo