[Shotimes] sho won't start

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:40:57 -0500

Ben:
 Before you change the pump try to jumper it at the test plug. It should run
continuous. The fuel pump lead is grounded and then the key is turned on.
The fuel pump lead is where you ran KOEO test. Hold the EEC test plug with 4
pins pointing up. The pin all the way to the side with the short angle is
what you want to ground. Can you hear the pump running?

 If this still does not run the pump then I would change the IRCM. This is
the black metal box under the radiator shield over the radiator. Can't see
it very well but has a big plug running to it. This is more likely than the
pump. Most pumps fail slowly with reduced output and increased noise. The
relay box has a quick "overnight" failure mode. You can also wire in a
external relay for the fuel pump to avoid replacing the IRCM. I have done
this on one of my SHO's and it works fine. If you need a diagram and
instructions let me know. Your problem sounds electrical whatever it is. But
get a good strong battery or keep a trickle charger going to keep voltage
up.
.
.