[Shotimes] Spark Plug Gaskets

James White greensho@crown.net
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:47:26 -0500

I still have idle problems, but noticed as I was cleaning up from the plug
and wire change, I had one spark plug metal gasket still in the empty box.
I did this mostly during working hours, and had to answer the cell phones
several times, so I was likely distracted by business, which has been poor
recently.  Don't know if I will be able to wrench on the SHO before I head
out on Monday, but one plug has been running without this little metal
gasket now for a week and a half.  What could happen?  the plug comes
unscrewed and blows through the hood?

Also, I noticed as I removed the old plugs, one had 2 seals on it!  Wonder
just how much difference that could make?

Thinking that I need a newer, lower mile MTX SHO...

regards, Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'93  5 SPEED   281k few mods
'95  5 SPEED   261k lots of mods
"double clutch"  it's good for both you and your SHO