[Shotimes] Window tinting

John J. Weidenbenner johnjweid@charter.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:16:11 -0500

Do a Google search on window tint laws will yeild a lot of info. on the
state laws.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=window+tint+laws&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

for example:

Missouri
AS-1 / 35% Net / Any / Any / 2002

Enforcement Note : New law removed out-of-state exemption but don't know how
the MO State Highway Patrol will deal with that ?

Tint is NO LONGER part of the State Safety Inspection, a plus for MO
residents.

Additional Note: Took effect Feb 14, 2002. Original law banned tint on the
front side windows but allowed anything behind and then changed in 2001 for
35% NET on ALL windows and in 2002 changed to 35% NET on front side windows
but once again, anything behind goes !

Note the net word. I assume that is meant to include the light loss through
the glass too.

John W.