[Shotimes] (OT) Question regarding Honda Civic

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:39:32 -0400

Common problem on ANY car made with a cat and a shield!!

Best solution, other than tearing it off, is to get a large worm-drive clamp
(big version of a hose clamp). Any auto parts place carries them (like AZ).
BTDT with a number of cars, and just happened to do it to the AWAs Del Sol
last week.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Steve Tatro
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 3:34 PM
To: SHOtimes
Subject: [Shotimes] (OT) Question regarding Honda Civic

Quick question.  My l'il sister's '96 Civic has a loose catalytic convertor
heat sheild, common problem on Hondas from what I hear.  Should I just tear
this off?  From the factory it's held on by a couple of little spot welds.
Would it be a problem to reattach it some other way?  I mean, it's just a
heat shield, right?!?

Thanks.

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 171k miles