[Shotimes] '90 SHO produces no torque.

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:48:33 -0500

When my 90 had very low power it turned out to be a worn crankshaft timing
belt sprocket keyway that retarded the timing.  I put on a new sprocket and
it ran great.

> I'm having an interesting problem, interesting being defined as anything
upleasant, once it's over.  I have a 90 SHO,well technically 2, but the
physically ugly one runs perfectly.  The "pretty" one's check engine light
comes on.  Code reader says that it's the EGR partly open.  I've replaced
the valve, no good.  I'm about to take off the manifold and clean it out,
but problem seems to be more extreme than egr problems could acount for.  In
a nutshell, no power.