[Shotimes] OT: Window tinting

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:35:04 -0400

Yes you were :)

 In Mass they can pull you over for just tint, and they also can make you
rip it from the windows before they let you leave.

I thought we had to vote to make things LAWS, I must have missed my
opportunity to voice my opinion that day.

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Rick Glass
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 11:38 PM
To: 'V8 SHO'; _SHOtimes; Donald Mallinson
Subject: [Shotimes] OT: Window tinting

I wasn't trying to start a big debate/fiasco....just stating an opinion/fact
that putting limo tint on the SHO will attract attention because it is
illegal in all states, no right, wrong, good cop, bad cop, it's
illegal......a cops job is to enforce the law, this I know......my tint was
illegal, he did his job.
Speeding is illegal, but most of us do it....but we don't do it in front of
a cop intentionally, we just occasionally get caught.....window tint WILL be
seen, period.....you can't keep it out of site out of mind like many other
things that are illegal, but are done everyday....
Limo tint on the front doors is ILLEGAL in every state....the darkest legal
tint for the front doors is 20% in New Mexico, next is 25% in
Arkansas.....other than that it is 27%, 28%, 30% and lighter for all other
states.
If you put 20% on the doors in any state other than New Mexico...it will be
illegal, it may not be enforced by all states, but it will still be
illegal.....put limo on the doors and you would simply be asking for
trouble...period.

Rick Glass
Nashville, TN
'99 Silver 35,100 unwelded
      Flowmaster Original 40's
'94 Yellow ATX 161,090 parked and For Sale
      KYB Struts
      Eibach Springs
      K&N panel filter, enlarged box opening
      Gutted cats