[Shotimes] GENI Stereo Question

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:44:12 -0800

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:25:24 -0500, John Hamilton wrote:

>Any suggestions on a
>replacement CD/Radio system including speakers, amp if req'd. OEM was
>Premier System. Budget is ~500 U.S.

You mean "premium sound", right?  That requires a special adapter plug for the
speakers.  You can use the factory wiring, but you need the correct adaptor.

I'd go Pioneer Premier for the deck, and MB Quart for the speakers.  You can get
good amps from several manufacturers....I've used Alpine in the past, but Phoenix
Gold is now recommended by my shop for good quality at a lower price.  You can get
all this stuff from reputable distributors on Ebay Buy It Now.  The deck I am
getting is the DEH-P550MP.  It plays all available kinds of CDs, including MP3s, has
three sets of pre-outs, and is very reasonably priced on line.  List is about 300,
but you can get it for 160 or so plus shipping on Ebay.  Anything more expensive
than that one is a waste of money.  There are some cheaper ones in that lineup,
too....the 350 (I think that is the number) also plays MP3s.  Go to the
pioneerelectronics website to compare.  Amps and speakers are at Ebay, too.  Premier
decks have a 2 year factory warranty....make sure you get that from the seller.
(Never needed warranty work so far.)  I've done LOTS of shopping in preparation for
all I am doing, and I've had Pioneer decks FOREVER....since the late '80s, and they
are excellent....they last and last.  You'll meet your budget on Ebay.

I'm redoing ALL my cars (even the Lexus, except for the deck....no swapping
possible) with this setup, and rotating in and out of them the 3 50 CD changers I
have collected.

George