[Shotimes] Front Engine Mount Rebound Insulator

Jonathon Beisler JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:41:59 -0500

My engine does not have this.  Is this something that I should be worried about?  As far as the work that I have been required to put into this car to keep it running, I know that very little was ever done to it prior to my ownership.  So, I don't know where it could have gone.  However, I have looked at a few other SHO engines since I have had mine and can't say that I have ever seen one on a car.  The Helms also calls it the front engine support damper.  When I replaced the oil gaskets and such, I breezed over the removal of this item as I had none, but now that I have noticed some rubbing on my intake, I am wondering if I should have one.  The engine mounts are newer, less than 15 months old.  Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
JB