[Shotimes] Front Engine Mount Rebound Insulator

Dave Kegel Dave Kegel" <d.kegel@comcast.net
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:49:53 -0600

I wouldn't worry about it.  I always leave off the one that's mounted to the
right front strut tower anyway, as it's always in the way of everything.
Some don't use either of the three.

Dave
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathon Beisler" <JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com>
To: <SHOtimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: October 29, 2003 2:41 PM
Subject: [Shotimes] Front Engine Mount Rebound Insulator

> My engine does not have this.  Is this something that I should be worried
about?  As far as the work that I have been required to put into this car to
keep it running, I know that very little was ever done to it prior to my
ownership.  So, I don't know where it could have gone.  However, I have
looked at a few other SHO engines since I have had mine and can't say that I
have ever seen one on a car.  The Helms also calls it the front engine
support damper.  When I replaced the oil gaskets and such, I breezed over
the removal of this item as I had none, but now that I have noticed some
rubbing on my intake, I am wondering if I should have one.  The engine
mounts are newer, less than 15 months old.  Anyone have any ideas?