[Shotimes] RE: UPDATE: Another SHO bites the BIG ONE

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:27:45 -0500

Wow!!

Did the car have SFCs welded in?? I was under the impression that the design
of the stock subframe was such that the subframe and engine were supposed to
slide "under" the car, and not come straight back into the passenger
compartment.

From: Al Fitzgerald [mailto:alfitz@alfitz.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 6:30 AM
To: TechSHO@topica.com; _SHOtimes
Subject: UPDATE: Another SHO bites the BIG ONE

Below is the link to pictures of my Son's SHO after a HARD tree hit. This is
the second SHO he has broken, the first was a 60 MPH Angus Bull hit which he
sustained no more than a face full of cow shit, although the car was totaled
and the bull was thrown 25 feet.

In this case, he suffered a shattered leg and remains hospitalized. The
pictures really don't show the damage as clearly as I'd hoped they would.
For instance it doesn't show the engine where it came through the firewall
and crushed his leg. It also doesn't sho the front impact where the SHO went
up the tree at a 45 degree angle. He was removed from the car through the
left rear passenger window. The right door was ripped off at impact. The
headlights were ripped from the header panel and were found 50 feet away.
The front of the sub frame is pushed back about 1 foot to the rear of the
firewall. The intake is visible on the floor in the front seat. The rear
seat has a huge bulge in it where his tool box in the trunk came forward on
impact.

This was an extremely hard hit.

http://www.alfitz.com/sho/103003-sam/template-car.htm

Al Fitz