[Shotimes] '96 brake upgrade

Kerry Kinion kerry@kinionfurniture.com
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:56:19 -0700

Hey all,

I have a '93MTX w/ 114k on the clock.  Engine is good, time to move on to the
brakes, suspension, etc.  Rotors are extremely grooved and in need of some
serious attention.

I was trying to explain to my 18 yr old son (he'll be helping me do this
hopefully) why I need to do the '96 upgrade.  I didn't have a very good answer
except the rotors are too small and will warp again if I just put stock ones
on.  What is the short and sweet answer as to why I need to do this??

Also, I know there is a lot of parts involved in doing this that I wouldn't
know if they hit me upside the head - So........Is there a complete kit
available?  If so, what's the total $$ amount to do this??  Alan Fanning
recently tried to explain some of the things involved but at least half of the
stuff he told me went directly over my head.

He said George (I think) wrote a good FAQ about this and I will check out
soon.  Is it just the front rotors that get upgraded??  Anyway....I would love
to know:

1.	Why do I need to do this?
2.	How much - ballpark at least?

Thanks,