[Shotimes] Gloly Days of Performance Cars

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:31:46 -0500

Well the Corvette (1966 big block) that I drove in high school had a plenty
good suspension, but there was no way to get enough tire under it to take
advantage of that.  Virtually any other car had pretty bad suspension for
corners.

I'm always amazed and thankful with the tires and handling of modern
enthusiast cars, and with the smoothness afforded by computerized engine
controls.  But it was so much fun to play with the old V8 chevy's.  We put
cams, heads, headers, big carbs, cherry bombs, 4-speeds, etc. in them and
had a ball.  It would almost be worth it to pay inflated prices for a recent
SS Impala just so I could put a Crane cam in it.  Also I would be afraid it
wouldn't pass emission tests any more.

Oh well.  If I could just get enough cash for a blower for my gen3.