[Shotimes] Sway Bar Help??

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:05:10 -0400

Well last I knew the SHOshop was clearing out their 29mm rear bars on a
"sale". I'm surprised your 94 had a 24mm up front, my 94 MTX had a 20.6 and
a 21 in the rear, and it handled like crap. I put in a 24/26 combo, and now
it feels very very neutral. I notice just a little understeer, I mean very
little when I get on it on the onramps. Other than that my car feels very
pridictable. You may want to try a 26 first if you can find one at a good
price before plunking down the cash on a 28-29mm bar. Granted I have a load
of other suspension mods done so that prolly plays into why my car feels the
way it does.

Bruce Malachuk

94 Opal Frost MTX
93 Black ATX soon to be parts
93 Green MTX - black interior...a turd with wheels right now

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Matt Geer
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 3:06 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Sway Bar Help??

Hello Group!

I have a '94 SHO MTX. Due to poor handling characteristics I measured the
sway bars and they are at 24mm in the front, and 23mm in the rear. Lots of
understeer!

I would like to keep the 24mm bar in front, but I am looking for a 28mm for
the rear... Any ideas on where to find a reasonably priced unit? Also, from
what I have read this seems to be a good balance, any comments?

Thanks so much!

SHO Kid