[Shotimes] genII antenna up/down switch

Hartberger, Jason M. AT3 hartbejm@roosevelt.navy.mil
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:53:45 -0500

I'm using an aftermarket Kenwood unit with Sirius... uses the tape deck. The
plastic is only broken in the bottom 5th of the antenna... it'll go up if
it's down, but not all the way, and if you push it down a little while the
motor's going, it'll engage and go the rest of the way down. Plus, I'm a
control freak... I like switches ;).

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Fisher [mailto:dataflash@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 1:45 PM
To: Hartberger, Jason M. AT3; SHOtimes mailing list (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] genII antenna up/down switch

If you are using Sirius or XM radio are you using an
aftermarket HU? Most aftermarket HU's have a switched
power for the antenna so it will go down when not in
use.

If you are using an add on, that wouldn't apply.

The other thing-if it's broken, how is a switch going
to help? :)

Adding a switch should be easy though. I'd use the
switch from the gen1's that had the antenna up/down
and  mount it somewhere (maybe the fog light switch
socket and relocate that switch elsewhere?).

Ian
--- "Hartberger, Jason M.  AT3"