[Shotimes] ATX symptoms (semi OT)

George Fourchy krazgeo@jps.net
Sun, 01 Feb 2004 00:20:23 -0800

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:59:52 -0500, Robert Bruce wrote:

>Add a temp gauge to the trans pan.  I silver soldered a bushing to the
>side of the atx pan for the sender.

I second that suggestion, as well as the oil cooler.  Remember than Gen 3 that
smoked and boiled its tranny all over the track at Summit Point in 2002?  I think
that was Doug Lewis's car.

This last fall I was using the Slorider wagon as a tug (towing, not shoving) to move
cars around from one back yard to another (when we were moving out of the old
house), and then from the second one to trailers for hauling.  It was hot out, and I
could tell by the way its shift pattern changed (forward to reverse and back, over
and over) that it was getting rather warm.  It got better after I took it out on the
road again.  It's theoretically trackable, with Wilwoods and Tokikos, but I'd bet
the tranny wouldn't last too long without some beefing...especially with 105K miles!

...and ALWAYS go with a Transgo.

George