[Shotimes] OT disgusting SB halftime

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:47:01 -0500

Don, it surprises me that in the last 20 years, you have never seen a
rap/hip-hop group with crotch-grabbing, etc on SNL, Letterman, Leno, or any
one of hundreds of other shows (not even counting MTV & VH1). The SB
halftime show has been absolutely typical of these performances for years.

"The entire halftime was an embarrassment to entertainment, to sports and to
the music industry to name just a few"???? Oh, please, Don....you ARE a
prude, and it is obvious that you are way out of touch with current
entertainment culture. Rap & hip-hop has virtually dominated pop music for
near 20 years now.

I recall your remarks about Aerosmith back at New Years, and I thought it
surprising that you weren't aware of a good hard rock group that has BEEN
AROUND FOR 30 YEARS, but I guess that it isn't surprising at all, seeing
your "shock" at the halftime show.

Quickly, off the top of my head, some of the TOP rock groups of all time (in
no particular order) are: Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Van Halen (David Lee &
Sammy), Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Metallica.

Have you ever heard of ANY of them?? A hint.....most have been around since
AT LEAST the '70s, with the Stones & LZ from the '60s.