[Shotimes] OT disgusting SB halftime

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:51:43 -0600

Ron,

I guess I should have expected you would make a personal
thing out of this, when others are just giving opinion, but
you had to come out with guns blazing with exaggeration and
ill-informed guessing at what I think, do and know.  You
could have just given your opinion, but no, you assume to
know me and what I am about, and you have to take personal
shots. NOTHING I said should have been in ANY way a personal
attack on you, Just why is it that you have to make it personal?

  What about that half-time junk is it that you love?  Do
you really feel the need to defend what they did?  You must
really have loved that show to make a personal attack at me
over something that the vast majority of the media and
others on this list, agree was over the top in a very bad way.

You want this crap in front of your children/grandchildren,
then go ahead.  And I don't have to be indignant at every
lousy bit that happens on letterman or everywhere, to be
indignant at this one.  I have been pretty consistent in
this type of stand over the years.  You, with your
self-professed insight into everything I supposedly know or
feel, should have known that! :)

As for being in or out of touch, You can like what you want,
and I will like what I want.  YOu have no business presuming
anything on my part, and I won't speculate about you. It is
possible for someone to know what is going on and NOT like
some of it, after all, that is they way life is.  Certainly
you have your likes and dislikes, but apparently nobody else
can have them, only you?  I'll take AKUS or the Chicago
Symphony over rap or hip hop any day.   And if you want to
bet which will be more listened to in 20  years, I will be
happy to take that bet.

You are amazing in your ability to zing so far past a point
you have no way to turn around.  :)

Why must you always make everything such a personal attack?
  Try just making your point once in a while, without making
it a personal vendetta, or taking it so personally.

Don Mallinson