[Shotimes] HELP with radio static

Steve Tatro stevetatro@netzero.com
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:09:50 GMT

What's up.  Need a wee bit of help.

There's a disturbing amount of static coming through my radio.  Doesn't matter what station or band it's on, always the same.  Strange thing is the static goes away with some throttle.  Driving around I can make the static come and go by going, coasting, going, etc.  Makes it seem like a grounding problem, but I don't know anything about car electronics.

For some background, it's the JBL system, but with an aftermarket deck installed using the OEM Interface to incorporate the factory amps/speakers/sub.

Any ideas?

Thanks as always,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 175k miles