[Shotimes] ATX or MTX?

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:41:40 -0500

The ATX to MTX swap has been done by a few people already.  The person I
can think of right away is Jose, the guy that did the group buy for the
scratch built short throw shifters over on shoforum.  I don't believe he
had any problems bolting in the rod shifter, other than cutting a hole
in the floor.  I'd personally stick with an ATX if its gonna be a long
distance vacation driver, and possibly commuting car. Plus the cost of a
Quaife and rebuild is the same price as a rebuild for the ATX.

Bill Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: van Oss [mailto:vanOss@centurytel.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 10:18 AM
To: James F. Ryan III; shotimes@autox.team.net; alfitz@alfitz.com
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] ATX or MTX?

Can anyone confirm Jim's comment about the floorpan being different ATX
vs.
MTX?  If the project were to involve major surgery on the floorpan, that
would definitely incline me toward an ATX.  I already expect I'm going
have to redo the whole exhaust, of course.  But does the ATX floorpan
have
enough room in the center tunnel?

How about a word from anyone who has parted out SHOs?  Al?  It's too
bloody
cold to go lay on the garage floor to look at it for myself, sorry!

VO