[Shotimes] early sho ad

Jon Heese heese@digi-net.com
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:26:44 -0500

Okay, that's an answer I can live with.  The '89-era Mark VII looks close
enough to the car I was imagining (and at least it's FoMoCo).  After a
little searching, I still haven't found any pictures of the cover (or even
references to the car being on a "Hot Rod" cover)...  Got a scan of it
anywhere? =)

Jon Heese
'95 3.0 GL

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 21:14:04 -0800 (PST)
From: DAVID PILLSBURY <cobraii976@sbcglobal.net>
To: Jon Heese <heese@digi-net.com>, SHOTimes List
  <shotimes@autox.team.net>

I can't belive I remember this but I know what your thinking of. And it was
not a SHO it was a MarkVII LSC. It was all black and parked like that and
was in the front of HOT ROD rodding at random I belive and it the Tag line
was Lord Vader, your car is ready. I have that issue somewhere. I use to be
into the MarkII's at the time I saved everything MarkVII. And eventually I
bought one just like the pic in HOT ROD. and found out quite quickly that
Mustang parts fit the car where it counts. As in T-5 conversion. It was my
daily until we had the second kid and I sold it. bought an Oldsmobile and
Retired it for the SHO.Hated drving that slushbox for two years.
Dave

Jon Heese <heese@digi-net.com> wrote:
Way back before I was a SHO enthusiast, (I think) I remember seeing an
ad for the SHO, with the tagline "Lord Vader, your car is ready."
Googling for the topic leads me to believe that I may have mistaken a
Grand National or an Impala SS for the SHO (hard for me to believe).
The picture I remember is a black gen1 (a combo I've never seen in real
life) parked with the wheels cocked to the observer's right, front end
pointing towards and to the observer's left.

Am I crazy? Did I mistake a GM for a SHO? Does anyone else remember
this ad?

Jon Heese
'95 3.0 GL