[Shotimes] LSD Conversion KIT for the SHO? Any comments?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:11:32 -0600

Carl,

Are you really unaware of the differential problems with the
SHO?  The problem is well known, and the Quaife totally
replaces the unit that fails.  There was, I think, one
exception in an all-out racing situation where a Quaife
failed, but other than that, the Quaife is proven to be
about as bulletproof as can be expected of any performance part.

Since the differential problem became well known a few years
  ago, the Quaife has always been presented as not only a
performance enhancement, but preventing the failure that can
take out the tranny.

Also, I am mystified by your comment about V6 rod bearings
and V8 Cam lobes.  the V6 rod bearings can fail, but usually
after 200,000 miles, and that is a good long life, and
better than most motors.  The rod bearings are not an area
of major concern for SHO V6 owners.

The V8 Cam lobes also are NOT a problem, I suspect you just
confused them with the V8 cam sprocket problem that IS
taking out V8's at record rates.  About 15 in the last 45
days or so, and those are just the ones that manage to find
the SHOclub or the V8SHO group on the internet.  We can bet
that more than twice as many fail that we never find out
about since about half the country still isn't on the
internet (I researched that, it is pretty close to 50-60% of
the country has regular internet access, leaving about half
to 40% without).

Let's keep those SHO's on the road!

Don M.