[Shotimes] LSD Conversion KIT for the SHO? Any comments?

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:46:25 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Maybe I don't fully understand the V8 problem, but I bet there are Gen 3
SHOs out there that have not had the repair done that are working fine and
won't fail.  Not every V6 will suffer rod bearing problem but a lot do.
Mine lasted 196K miles before dying.  Now that I know the tendency of this
motor, it is the weak sister and where I will look first to make sure
everything is okay.  And even if the bearings do go past 100K miles, I know
that they have a tendency to wear and should be replaced.  I also wish I
knew if use of synthetic oil made any difference for the rod bearings.
Seems some people have good luck with this.

I will probably have the bearings in my 80K 3.2L motor replaced within the
next 40K miles for PM and peace of mind.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo