[Shotimes] caring for an aging relative

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:00:29 -0600

On my winter 91, there is a weatherseal running along the bottom of the
driver door that has become loose and hangs down.  Doesn't matter much, put
it looks ridiculous hanging down from the car when I park it.  Turns out the
driver door bottom is so rusted that the plastic retainers on this
weatherseal have pulled out from the steel door because it is so corroded.
I've been watching AlFitz and other net sources for an unrusted, Oxford
White door, no luck.  (Any door that involved a paint job would be more
money than I can justify investing in this car.)

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm about to just rip off this seal and do
without.  Anybody got anything else creative?  The seal hanging down is, by
itself, not a big deal.  But it has caused me to think about future.

It's not just about the seal.  This car has other irritations.  The other
possibility is that this car could die and donate a lot of parts to the
SHOwagon project (esp. Quaiffe).  But I have put a lot of work into this 91,
I could hand it down to a teenager coming of driving age soon, and he likes
this 91, and it could continue to serve as a winter car, and ....

What's a father to do?

VO