[Shotimes] transportation to CA Conv. via truck info

George Fourchy krazgeo@jps.net
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:11:52 -0800

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 21:50:23 -0500, Kirk  Doucette wrote:

>I know that Im insane (not now Kerby) but I can
>drive to Tulsa in my SHO with 4.5 tanks of gas, 4-5 drinks and 24hrs
>straight..   cost was WAY under 200.00 Only another 18hrs to LA from there
>and Tim Toolman said that it cost him only gas. He must be a camel because
>he never mentioned drinks.
>
>Im assuming that you mean if you drive 500 miles per day and stay in top
>notch hotels and eat like Haltom does, well maybe then I can see your point.

If I was doing it alone, I could come close to your figures, but I wouldn't drive 24
hours.  I'm way too old for that now.  (WHO said that!!??)  I consider a good day
going from home to Albuquerque....1080 mi.... in 15 hours, including fuel stops.
But the main thing is....I have a very particular AWA, who sets some of the hotel
rules.  In addition to that, she's Chinese, and doesn't eat most fast food.  To top
things off, she is ready to depart each morning at around 10:30 am, and then we need
to go eat breakfast.   (....it drives me BONKERS!!!....)

The rules are different for me.   Lots (hopefully) of folks are bringing their AWAs,
too.  They have rules somewhere between you and me...!

LOL!!

George