[Shotimes] transportation to CA Conv. via truck info

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 21:50:23 -0500

How do you figure that.. I know that Im insane (not now Kerby) but I can
drive to Tulsa in my SHO with 4.5 tanks of gas, 4-5 drinks and 24hrs
straight..   cost was WAY under 200.00 Only another 18hrs to LA from there
and Tim Toolman said that it cost him only gas. He must be a camel because
he never mentioned drinks.

Im assuming that you mean if you drive 500 miles per day and stay in top
notch hotels and eat like Haltom does, well maybe then I can see your point.

But if you figure in your daily salary that you will be using because of
vacation time, absolutely. But if both figures were say 1000 I would drive
it just to have fun with other owners..

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of George Fourchy
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 9:19 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] transportation to CA Conv. via truck info

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:44:17 -0600, Donald Mallinson wrote:

>Cars picked up on the east coast would cost about $1000 per
>car round trip, and cars farthur on down the line would be
>somewhat less expensive.

Hey!!!  This is a GOOD deal.  When I shipped the black car to New York for
Mark to
put the engine in, it was $1000 eastbound, and $950 westbound, same company.
I got
a 5% discount(!)

Jim Koper was considering trucking the Fiesta to Ohio.....that would have
been $750.

It will cost you almost $1000 to drive it one way, coast to coast, if you
have a
passenger, unless you eat sandwiches you make in the car, and sleep in the
back
seat.  I've done it enough, I KNOW.   Eva does pick more expensive hotels to
stay
at, but they're only about $300 more per direction at the most.  When I went
by
myself, I paid about $800 each way.

George