[Shotimes] ATX or MTX?

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:30:08 -0600

John, to each his own.  I understand your reasoning and accept it and you
know I respect you.  (No SHO convention is complete until I meet up with you
and Betty.  Please say hi for me.)

I can't explain the wagon thing, but it's indelible.  Just to hazard a
guess, I was born in '57, which I think of now as The Year of The Nomad.  My
wife's 95 LX, bought a few months ago at 50K, is gorgeous.  My first
recollection of my family buying a new car was a light-blue, early-60's
Fairlane wagon.  (I helped Dad install the third seat.)  I have a stack of
Taurus manuals.  Pick your reason.   You're probably right about Windstar
prices and such, but I wouldn't want to sit that high, even in a lowered
Windstar.

I'm going to come clean here.  When I asked the list about MTX vs. ATX, that
wasn't the question I really had in mind.  If I go ahead with this SHO wagon
project, it is going to be an MTX.  I can't picture how an MTX shifter would
work in a Windstar.  Like I said, to each his own.  Thanks John for your
advice.

VO