[Shotimes] Was: Wow...is anyone there? Now: Clutch Questions

George Fourchy krazgeo@jps.net
Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:33:45 -0800

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:28:49 -0800 (PST), Shylo McKinsey wrote:

>IIRC, the noise seems to be coming from the driver's
>side of the engine compartment. I'll start it up in
>the mornings, let it idle a minute or two just to get
>it warmed up. Thats when it "sqeals". After I get
>going, it goes away instantly. Doesn't come back
>through out the day. Also doesn't happen every morning
>either. It shifts just fine, the clutch seems
>smooth... What else would I look for if the clutch is
>going?

I meant the a/c clutch, on the a/c compressor, not the drivetrain clutch.  I can't
think of anything that would make a squeal noise from the rear (driver's side) of
the engine.  Can you have someone listen to it on the first start of the day with
the hood open, to confirm where it is coming from?

...and your saying that it starts quietly, then squeals after a minute or two of
running?  Hmmmm...interesting.....

George