[Shotimes] LSD Conversion KIT for the SHO? Any comments?

Neno Albert neno@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 02:06:14 -0800 (PST)

It comes down to a coin toss, Erik.. I beat the living bejesus out of my '91 AND my '89.. Both
have/had solid diffs. My '91 was the first car i've ever owned to myself... Rod bearing took it's
life. Ran organic it's entire life, which just so happens to be the cure to the common bearing
failure to many. That SHO had 136K on the odo... First 60k done and the second done roughly 900mi
before it's death. My '89? Neither blew up, yet... However i've manage to mangle the clutch with
the SHO shop 3.2L. My buddy has a '91+ that has gone through 3 completely rebuilt trannies... All
diff failures!!! He doesn't beat his car as bad as I did my '91 and is a fairly good MTX driver.
Odd? VERY VERY much so!!! Even the smokey burnouts won't kill the trans. The only difference
between my driving style and my buddies is that I always compensate for the one wheel with the
load by breaking to the side that doesn't have the load on it and learning to control the
"inbetween" of the power through the feel of the wheel... The bad bearing? I heard it knock at
roughly 2:30PM and she was dead by 3:30~ if not 4 at the latest on the same day.. yes, less then 2
hours.. yes, the worst feeling in the whole wide world!!!

Neno