[Shotimes] High Millage Failures

Epperly epperly1@optonline.net
Sun, 08 Feb 2004 07:50:02 -0500

Two of our SHO's started smoking at 190+k, one was on Dyno and the other on
Syn oil. The third one on Syn oil was using lots of oil at 180k all Syn, no
smoke till 6k rpm heavy pedal, ran that another 40k with only 3 oil changes
(1 qt every 400 miles). Figured I was changing the oil by loss. The one with
225k only had minor rod bearing wear, figure that. When weather is warmer
will be comparing the bearing wear on the rod bearings on the other two.
        Ken

 My '91 was the first car i've ever owned to myself... Rod bearing took it's
> life. Ran organic it's entire life, which just so happens to be the cure
to the common bearing
> failure to many. That SHO had 136K on the odo... First 60k done and the
second done roughly 900mi
> before it's death. My '89? Neither blew up, yet... However i've manage to
mangle the clutch with