[Shotimes] ATX Flex-pipe leak

Steve Tatro stevetatro@netzero.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:04:42 GMT

Well, my leaky exhaust turns out not to be the flange gasket, it's the flex pipe itself.

Local Car-X said it's an expensive piece, about $225 for the part alone.  They'll install it for next to nothing, so I'm out the door for $250ish.

They also mentioned my mufflers (original, 11 years and 175k miles old) are finally starting to rust through.

They carry Dynomax mufflers, so I may just have them installed ($60 each labor included).

Any ideas how I might save a bunch of money on a flex pipe?  $225 seems like highway robbery for a flexible piece of pipe that has no purpose other than to provide some "slack" in the system.

Thanks,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 175k miles
Monroe, Ohio