[Shotimes] separating lenses from lamp housings

Herman Anker heranker@rogers.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:46:53 -0500

joseph...u are into my territory... lamp fixes... So u are heating up the butyl rubber to make lens come off???

Any pictures to share?? I have always wondered if those taurus headligt really have a reflector. And if so, does it really have a mirror finish???
I dont know kind of mod u are working on, but if u plan to inseert LEDs in tails, I have tons of info for u

BTW,

Jim, the 3rd brakelight can probably be separated the same way if it is glued together with butyl rubber. LEDs normally can't take much heat. Its a semiconductor and is easy to toast. More than 125 degrees celsius and they are all partially or permanently gone!