[Shotimes] Broken Timing Belt

Rick Glass rick@pitroadproducts.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:45:09 -0600

The '93 MTX I sold a few months ago (on payments) to a friend, tossed the
timing belt Sunday.
I have no idea what to expect and how to determine the extent of damage, is it
even possible that there is no damage ?
He said he heard nothing, no bang, no hard thud, nothing, it just quit
running.  Should we just put a belt on and try it ?

Also, I need a good parts source for the timing belt, water pump, crank seal,
and crank position sensor (if we get it running it will need these things)
What else will need replacing ?  Tensioner (I'm assuming this is for the
timing belt)?
Or should I just plan on doing a motor swap ?
He doesn't have the money to fix it, nor do I, but I expect he will stop
paying me for it since it died.
So I will have to do something with it, too bad I still owe the bank about
$1100.

Thanks,

Rick Glass
      SESHOC
' 96 BS  171k     Kirk'd
' 99 Silver 41k    Parked
      Flowmaster Original 40's
      3rd cat/resonator removed
      Intake slighly modified
      To be Kirk'd at the Southeast CamFest (August)