[Shotimes] Touch up paint

bobsteig@att.net bobsteig@att.net
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:25:30 +0000

Mark wrote:
Has anyone on the list used the AutoSharp Pen touch up paint?

I have used it and find for small/medium scratches it works real well.
You need to prep the area to be painted by cleaning thoroughly with
something like Dawn dishwashing detergent to get rid of built up wax,
grease, etc. Then, using a small piece of 600/1200 grit wet/dry paper,
lightly buff the edges smooth. Not a lot, just enough to knock down any
loose or high spots. Wipe with paint thinner, then hit it with the pen.

I would say to you to try the AutoSharp on a scrap piece of metal or a
hidden part of the car before you actually use it on a finish job.
The pen's easy enough to use, but it helps to get a feel for it.

Hope this helps,

Best, Bob (BB-NYC '89)