[Shotimes] Hood adjustment....rattling

George Fourchy krazgeo@jps.net
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:41:04 -0800

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:57:34 -0500, cmichaelo@optonline.net wrote:

>Is the fix for this the same as below? Or do I need new hinges?

I went out to look to make sure.  The hinges mount on horizontal surfaces for both
halves, the fenders and the hood.  That means you need to use spacer washers to
raise the hood up to where it is even with the fenders.  I'd use washers on the
bolts that go to the fender, because I don't think the hinge is moveable forward or
backward on the fender, which will tend to keep the hood adjusted, even if the bolts
are loose.  If you loosen the bolts holding the hood itself, it will slide all over
the place, losing its position.  As for rattling...if you don't find a loose bolt,
the rattle is coming from somewhere else.

George