[Shotimes] Battery Swap

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:09:30 -0500

Time for a new battery, first time I've changed one where the owner's manual sez I gotta drive a certain way for a certain length of time to reset the computer once it loses volts.  Don't wanna do that.  Any reason I can't take my spare battery and plug it into the lighter socket (matching the polarity so it's connected in parallel) before swapping my in-car battery with the new one?

Seems to me with the car not running, the current flow will basically only go to keep the 'puter alive and won't overload the wiring to the lighter.

Anything major wrong with this picture?  Is it like too "duh" to even ask this?

Cheers,
Mark LaBarre
94 ATX 125k