Are current model Mustangs the same as SHOs?....was: Re: [Shotimes] brakes

DAVID PILLSBURY cobraii976@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:05:25 -0800 (PST)

While we are on this subject anyone know how close the FOX body brakes are to the SHO? I've got a set of 4 Brembo 4 piston calipers from SVO that were for a FOX body and I had them on my 76 Cobra until I did the new brake upgrade. I was thinking about tossing them on the 90 but I've not really checked it out and with my hoist tied up doing the wifes LeBaron. I'm not sure when I'll get to check it out so if anyone knows off hand that would be cool.
Dave
90 I paid more for new tires then I did the car 8-)

George Fourchy <krazgeo@jps.net> wrote:
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:45:16 -0600, Donald Mallinson wrote:

>To prevent damage to the pistons, and high blood pressure,
>the best way to get those rear caliper pistons back in is to
>open the bleeder valve.

Does anyone have experience with current model ..2000-2002.. Mustang rear brakes?
Are they pretty much the same, as far as changing pads? I have a friend with a V-6
convertible that needs rear rotors and pads. He drives in San Francisco, so brakes
don't last long there at all. His fronts were a snap, but I have to do it at work,
in fairly good clothes, and I can't have it taking a long time. (Fronts took 17
minutes, car up to car down.)

Thanks...

George